As a Christian church, Seventh-day Adventists are a faith community rooted in the beliefs described by the Holy Scriptures. Adventists describe these beliefs in the following ways:
- God's greatest desire is for you to see a clear picture of His character. When you see Him clearly, you will find His love irresistible.
- Scripture is a road map. The Bible is God's voice, speaking His love personally to you today.
- Jesus is the one who never changes in a universe that always does. Jesus is Creator, Sustainer, Saviour, Friend, God's Son, and God Himself!
- God's vision for you is life as He lives it! God loves you, and wants to give you the highest quality of life imaginable.
- In the heart of God is a place you can experience as home. God loves you, and wants to spend time with you personally, one on one, as two close friends.
What to expect from your Seventh-day Adventist neighbor, or, a few answers to frequently asked questions.
Seventh-day Adventists accept the Bible as their only creed and hold certain fundamental beliefs to be the teaching of the Holy Scriptures. These beliefs, as set forth here, constitute the church's understanding and expression of the teaching of Scripture.
PBS is hosting a series of programs featuring one-on-one interviews with religious leaders about the essential beliefs of his or her faith. Each week, veteran television host and interviewer Dennis Wholey went on location to visit a different house of worship -- church, mosque, synagogue, or temple -- to learn about that religion or faith. The Seventh-day Adventist® Church is the subject of the fourth episode in this series. You may view the interviews with Jan Paulsen here.
Night Talk Interview with Jan Paulsen
Pastor Paulsen's interview on "Night Talk" with Mike Schneider was shown on the Bloomberg TV channel at 10 PM and Midnight February 11, 2008. This was the first time the church's president has granted an interview with a major international television network. Click these links to watch the 3 clips from Bloomberg TV.